
Today's photo was taken from a window in Neuschwanstein, of the beautiful valley below. Nestled in the Alps we see nearby, 19th century Hohenschwangau palace, the childhood summer home of King Ludwig II of Bavaria. After the death of his father King Maximillian II, Ludwig resided in Hohenschwangau while overseeing the construction of Castle Neuschwanstein.
Be sure to visit the Scenic Sunday #124 linking list for your weekly trip around the world.
8 comments:
Another great shot of a great area! Love how the castle walls pop out against the forest green...
I can't spell the name of the castles... It's like spelling the last name of the Governator!
Anyway, the founder of the castle in your photo must be smart. It is built on the ridge that both sides are flanked by lakes. That must be very difficult to be attacked.
I like the layers of clouds covering the mountains behind the castle but the summits of the mountains are revealed. Stunning photo with great composition!
WOW. I'm speechless. Amazing scenery.
This photo makes me feel like I;m in the middle of a wonderful fairytale. :)
love that scenery. You even found a castle in there. Seems rather impossible to access it though. :)
Now that's a truly scenic and beautifully composed photo. The tones of gray in the sky are lovely, adding to the misty melancholy of the scene. Wonderful.
Is it just me, because I see a crouching green dragon with the castle at its head... good fengshui ;-)
Wow what a dreamy valley..I would love to visit this place one day!!!
Post a Comment