Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Watery Wednesday - Krimmler Wasserfalle

Krimmler Wasserfalle

The tallest waterfall in Austria at 1248 feet. It's a three tiered waterfall and we hiked the the top of the second tier (approximately 750 feet change in elevation).

Krimmel_waterfall1

I won't lie, it was a strenuous hike of tight switchbacks. But, the view was amazing and the path provided repeated overlooks of the falls. We were treated to many a waterfall rainbow that day.


Krimmler2

Many more photos can be found though the participant linking list for Watery Wednesday.

12 comments:

Randi said...

I can picture myself lost in the beauty of this scenery.

Judy said...

So impressive! I love the rainbow in the second photo!!

Gunilla said...

Amazing, what a beautiful waterfall.

I love both pictures.

Thanks for showing them to me.

Have a nice week

Gunilla

Shirley said...

Gorgeous waterfall! Love the capture of the rainbow!

Linnea said...

Beautiful shots and views. The first one reminds me of Yosemite!

Jon said...

Spectacular! This is MY kind of country!

Leena said...

Beautiful shots! Austria is a really beautiful country and you have captured the beauty of this place brilliantly!

PS. I also love the earlier photo from Austria, showing the lake, mountains and reflections in the water. So great!

msdewberry said...

Beautiful waterfall and rainbow. What a reward to have when you get to the top of the climb!

Ebie said...

Its a jaw dropping shot of the rainbow. I am a hiker but only on the flat lands, the highest elevation would be at 500.

mick said...

That second photo with the rainbow is fantastic!

Jeannette StG said...

Hey, I think I was here (we had 2 vacations in Austria), because I remember the pic with our 10 and 2 year old. Our hike was short, since our 2 year old wanted to walk herself! Now this 2 year old is 30 y. old!

Vickie said...

Beautiful images! I am always glad for a rocky uphill climb, knowing the views from top will be every bit worth the effort.