Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bird Photography Weekly #115

I found a new photo meme that's PERFECT for me!!



I've often said that the best thing about living on Long Island is the birds, and I rarely come back from a photo outing without a slew of new images.

This picture was taken at Belmont Lake near Babylon, NY just last week. Flat light gives the image a painterly feeling but I was thrilled with the contrast of the heron against the fall foliage.

birdphotowkly1a

If you love bird photography, check out the links here.

10 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

Oh, my! This is such a wonderful shot. I got one yesterday but haven't uploaded yet to see if they came out.

gwendolen said...

Awesome shot. Herons are such good models :)

Vickie said...

I love Great Blues. They are so expressive, no matter what they are doing! You're photography is beautiful! I enjoyed browsing the earlier posts, as well.

NatureFootstep said...

that´s a nice shot of the grey heron. At least I think it is a grey heron.

You have a nice blog. :)

Now I´ll check your WW post too.

NF Birds BPW

Mike B. said...

Beautiful! Herons are so kind as to stand still for us. I wish songbirds would do the same.

Phil Slade said...

Nice photography, the Austrian scene is tremendous. Thanks for visiting my blog, I am here to return the complement.

gemini said...

Awesome shot...love to visit a place like this and just soak in its beauty.One day I want to own a camera that really shots perfection, but for now....thanks for sharing this beauty.

Larry said...

Beautiful photo Kat! I love the background and the reflection too.

Dawn Fine said...

Wonderful Photo! just checking out your blog..very nice..lovely leaves down there in the past post..feathers in water lovely..
Happy Birding

Kirigalpoththa said...

Nice shot!