skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Round Robin Challenge - Outside Looking In
The current Round Robin Photo Challenge is to share a picture from the outside of a window looking in. I miss the old days where department stores did fabulous windows along the main street of town. Faceless models wearing the best of what the store had to offer, completely surrounded by fascinating props that made the whole thing pop. Each was more engaging than the last. Today's mall stores don't get the job done at the same caliber.
I was jumping in my car at a strip mall one night recently, when this window caught my eye. I think the fact that it was dark made the whole look really work. Even with a dress as spectacular as this...I question if I would have noticed it, much less photographed it in the daylight.

Be sure to visit the other challenge participants. You'll find the complete linking list to the other Robins here.
10 comments:
Yes the dark definitely adds to this photo. Great capture Kat!
Great picture! I think the simplistic design of the window really makes that dress pop!!
You're right - that is really striking! Well photographed, too!
This is a lovely dress!!
In the window
When I heard about the challenge my first thoughts were "I wish I could photograph the display windows at Marshall Fields in Chicago". I don't know if they still have the amazing window displays or not. But, the memories of them from my teen years were impressive.
Anyway, to this photo. I love the simplistic setting that shows off that dress. The darkness surrounding it just accentuates the beautiful dress. Great catch!
Beautiful picture and you're right--the dark definitely highlights the beauty of the dress.
I agree, the dark is what made the photo. Great timing though for this weeks theme.
But, I have to wonder what life style would have a reason to wear such a dress. I know it would not be mine.
Thanks for visiting my doggie in the window. I do so appreciate all that visit and comment.
Kat, That is a beautiful photo. I'm glad you stopped to take it...
If I would wear a dress like this I would sneeze all the time, lol !
You are right, the darkness really makes the dress display stand out! Great capture!
Post a Comment