This week, the Round Robin Photo Challenge is dedicated to Steven....a founding member of Round Robin, a fantastic photographer and author of (sometimes) photoblog. I "met" Steven way back in the early days of AOL journals. His photography centered around the same types of subjects I love most....macro work in nature, flowers, reptiles as well as his beloved cat Pickles.
I will have to thank Steven for helping me gain confidence as a photographer. He was a regular visitor to my blog as I was just getting the courage to post my images and he was always very supportive and encouraging. And his blog certainly served as a great source of inspiration.
We all lost track of Steven a couple of years ago. He had decided to take a blogging break. It has now been learned that Steven passed away on October 10, 2009. I know many of us who shared Steven's passion for photography and had the good fortune to know him feel his loss with a very heavy heart.
Round Robins are paying tribute to Steven this week with flowers. Wherever you are Steven, I hope you know how much you are loved and missed.

Please visit the linking list here and help us remember our friend.
Steven's Flickr Photostream can be found here.
I will have to thank Steven for helping me gain confidence as a photographer. He was a regular visitor to my blog as I was just getting the courage to post my images and he was always very supportive and encouraging. And his blog certainly served as a great source of inspiration.
We all lost track of Steven a couple of years ago. He had decided to take a blogging break. It has now been learned that Steven passed away on October 10, 2009. I know many of us who shared Steven's passion for photography and had the good fortune to know him feel his loss with a very heavy heart.
Round Robins are paying tribute to Steven this week with flowers. Wherever you are Steven, I hope you know how much you are loved and missed.

Please visit the linking list here and help us remember our friend.
Steven's Flickr Photostream can be found here.
3 comments:
What a beautiful tribute, Kat!
Beautiful photography and tribute!
Hi Kat
So lovely. Gosh I miss the old AOL Journal days. It was like a real family, That was the best part of the whole experience, there was a lot of fun, but the best times came from the support we gave each other. It was a special time I will won't forget. I met very special people, like you, and of course, Steven. :)
Thank you so much for giving me the gift of your friendship.
Hugs, Carly
Post a Comment