Saturday, May 26, 2012

05/26

I wandered down to the harbor early this morning.  It was pretty out and the tides were low so I was looking for shorebirds.  There weren't many, which is unusual.  Just a few of the regulars....egrets, geese, gulls.  But the light was especially beautiful and this guy stayed close and cooperated with an extended photo session.  I have several of him looking sleek and elegant, but I love the dishevelled moments.

egret1

Once again, linking to Carly's Photo A Day...

5 comments:

Jon said...

The reflection is wonderful!

jr cline said...

I like this disheveled moment too. The reflection is cool!

Cindy said...

He's cool. I'd name him Herbert. :)

Robert Wagter said...

It is a wonderful picture. Much nicer, I think, than a tidy bird. Nice colour of the water also.

Regards, Robert

Nancy said...

Awesome as always! And I agree with Phin 100%!
: )

Love,
Nance