Friday night I went into NYC for a great concert. It was the first of two Hot Tuna shows celebrating Jorma Kaukonen's 70th birthday. Jorma was a founding member of two legendary bands, Hot Tuna and Jefferson Airplane.
I'll admit, I'm not really familiar with their music. But the buzz was that MY favorite musical performer, Bruce Hornsby, was going to be making a guest appearance. If Bruce is playing in my neck of the woods...I'll be there.
It was a blazing hot show from start to finish. There were many guest musicians in addition to Bruce, including the magnificent Warren Haynes! Most of the audience in my section of the theater were on their feet dancing the entire time. I certainly was!
These photos were shot from my seat in row T with my simple point and shoot camera. I would have never been able to get in there with my DSLR.

Here's the band! Bruce is furthest to the left at the piano. Warren Haynes is the next musician as you move right. Jorma is second from the right.

Jorma Kaukonen. Happy Birthday!

Bruce perfoms Children of Zion on the dulcimer with the band.

Bruce and Warren Haynes with Hot Tuna thrilling the crowd with I Know You Rider.
Check out what else is going on around the world at That's My World Tuesday.
3 comments:
That's awesome, I really enjoy Jorma's music, both Airplane, Hot Tuna, and others. I have a bunch of their live shows but I've never seen either band in concert. I need to fix that one of these days.
I see that you were too busy dancing during the live!!! Music is everywhere in NYC. I used to enjoy live performance of street musicians...
What fun. Great memories. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment