Monday, December 6, 2010

Round Robin Challenge - Before and After

This weeks Round Robin Challenge is self explanatory.

My other creative hobby involves quilting and textile art.


Before: A pile of scrap fabric strips

fabstrips1


After: A quilted wallhanging. It was fun playing around with the squares in different ways to come up with a design. The options for combining shapes made with these types of strips are endless. I'll probably be doing more of these.

fabstripquilt


Here are the links to all the other Round Robin participants. I hope you'll visit them all.



Karen
Outpost Mâvarin
http://outmavarin.blogspot.com

Monica
Shutterly Happy
http://monica-frameofmind.blogspot.com/

Kat
In My Dreams I Can Fly...
http://inmydreamssfk.blogspot.com/

Margaret
Margaret's Musings
http://amusingmargaret.com

Linda
Mommy's Treasures
http://mommystreasures.blogspot.com

Jama
Sweet Memories
http://mummyjam.blogspot.com

Ruth
The ScrabbleQueen Knits, Too
http://scrabblequeen.wordpress.com

Erin
A Hardcore Life
http://erin-hardcorehensel.blogspot.com

Sandy
From the Heart of Texas
http://sandyfromtheheartoftexas.com

ellen b
The Happy Wonderer
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com

Manang Kim, USA
My Life's Journey in Focus
http://kisses4u.blogspot.com

Krista
Through the Eye of my Camera
http://ourhomeschoolinthewoods.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Love it! I could have done a fabric or fiber Before and After, too.(instead of what I did)...but I seriously love the contrast between your scrap pile and the lovely finished piece of art.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Wow! How cool! Is it wrong that I like the before picture better than the after? I love the chaos of it, like a pile of multicolored cloth leaves. But the quilt is much more practical, of course, nicely designed, and very pretty!

Krista Meyer said...

What a beautiful wall hanging. Great example of before and after! Thanks for stopping at my blog.

ellen b. said...

That's a great before and after. I applaud you on your vision and follwoing through with the project...

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I have just 'stumbled' on your blog and have enjoyed seeing all your wonderful photos. They are fabulous. And I like the quilt you have in this post and the photo of the fabric scraps.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I forgot to say that your blog title caught my eye as when I was very young I used to believe that I could fly and spent so much time jumping off the decking and flapping my wings (arms) madly but I did managed to fly ;-) I look at birds in wonder now ...and dream I can fly.