Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bird Photography Weekly #119

We came upon an entire flock of cedar waxwings enjoying berries in a tree. There must have been at least 30 of them and I took countless photos. I happened to select this one to post this week because I love the way the feathers on his head look like hair standing on end. He also seems to have a bit of an annoyed or indignant expression.


cwaxwing1

For links to other beautiful bird photos, check for links in the comment section here.



Edit... I've been given reason to suspect that this might be a Bohemian Waxwing rather than a Cedar Waxwing. Perhaps a knowledgeable visitor can shed some light on the correct id.

5 comments:

Yoshi said...

What a beautiful bird it is! Spiky hair, eye shadow, and patchy vivid coloring somehow reminds me of David Bowie when he was around 1973...
Stunning photo!!! I would like to see more of this. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

woha - that's such a cool photo! The hair and the black band over its eyes!

Marilyn & Jeff said...

What an interesting bird, so unlike any here in NZ, Your photography is superb. I am very much and point and shoot photographer.

Phil Slade said...

Lovely shot Kat - only 30? i think I would have taken 300. I love the way that crest just stands straight up.

Mike B. said...

Looks like a cedar waxwing to me, though I wouldn't consider myself an expert. I think the bohemians have more colors on their wings. Either way, great shot of a beautiful bird.