Friday, June 1, 2012

Photo Art Friday 6/1

This photo was shot on the same early kayak outing the morning this image was taken.  It was a little soft as it was taken while the light was still a bit dim and the boat naturally doesn't lend itself to great stability.  But I thought it would be a good candidate for a little texture play.  With Bonnie's Mauve Magic and some tweaking in Nik Color Efex 4...I think I got just the right mix of dreaminess and bokah while holding on to the little detail on the egret and water's surface that the soft morning light would allow.

egret3a


Linking up today to Bonnie's Photo Art Friday.  There are many wonderful digital artists to visit there if you are so inclined.

Also linking to Carly's Photo A Day.


19 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is really a beautiful capture. can imagine the dawn and such a gorgeous bird. I love the things i see while kayaking. Always seems as if you can get closer that otherwise.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

The gentleness of your edit is beautiful. I could see this picture hanging in a gallery.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Linda Kittmer said...

What a wonderful capture. Your processing is lovely. It gives the shot such a soft, dreamy feel. Love it.

Pat said...

Beautiful capture and processing!

Anonymous said...

Stunning and so calming at the same time.
Stay inspired!

Ida said...

Wow! Love the dreamy quality you've captured in your piece. It's truly lovely.

teri said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! Just popping over from Pixel Dust Photo - Photo Art Friday.

Kim Stevens said...

Oh yes, I would say that you did a fantabuous job with this edit. I love the shorebirds and this is so dreamy.

NatureFootstep said...

the texture works very well. Your image is very attractive. :)

Anonymous said...

stunning!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Fabulous capture and edit! Love the misty feel and the dreaminess of it. Thank you for sharing with PAF, Kat.

Electra said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Merike said...

Absolutely gorgeous; colors, bird and textures. Lovely piece of art :)

Monica S Engell said...

Wow,- fantastic work! So elegant and delicate piece!
:)

The Artful Diva said...

Oh my - fabulous photo. Your editing is right on! It's like a dream.

Marilyn said...

You did, indeed, get just the right mix here. Gorgeous shot.

Carly said...

Hi Kat

Oh my, the Snowy Egret... sigh... my favorite bird, and you have photographed it lovely.

:)

Kathy Reed said...

Beautiful lift off and affects@

jr cline said...

This is a lovely photograph.