Friday, June 22, 2012

Photo Art Friday - The Country Place

Fridays seem to roll around so quickly!

Photo Art Friday is featuring vintage treatments.  This is a picture of one of the homes that dots the shore of our little harbor here in Stony Brook.  There are quite a few big expensive places right along the shore.  Some are modern but some are elegant older estates.  I photographed this one from the water as I was kayaking by.

countryhome

I did most of this treatment in Silver Effects Pro and Color Effects Pro by Nik Software.  There is also a layer of texture from Shadowhouse Creations blended in for the wrinkles and tears.

I call this house "the country place".  II think of it as a "little" get-away home for a wealthy family residing in Manhattan.

I'm also linking up to Carly's Photo a Day

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this picture very much, it´s perfect.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

It really feels like a photo from another time and place. Beautiful editing, Kat. Thank you for sharing your work with Photo Art Friday.

Ida said...

Fabulous! You did an awesome job making this home look very vintage.

jr cline said...

Beautiful picture. I love the post processing.

Miriam said...

Absolutely gorgeous editing. I would just love to be there.

Stacy said...

Looks like a glimpse back in time. Beautiful.

Carly said...

Hi Kat :)

I am loving this photo. I am not sure what to think though. It is stunning, but it also has a bit of a spooky look as well. I like the spooky feel, Fantastic feel. It makes me want to revisit per different moods. Well done!

Carly

Gillian Olson said...

Great picture.