Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snowdrops? In February? REALLY??

For this week's Creative Exchange...


I photographed snowdrops on Friday here on Long Island.

A very welcome sign of spring but...just tooooo early.

snowdrop

Does that mean it will be 110 degrees in May?




6 comments:

Sherry said...

Very lovely - a plant we don't see in the south. Love the colors.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful photo.
It's not early :) This time of the year is usual for snowdrops.

Regards and best wishes

Lisa Gordon said...

We don't see many snowdrops here Upstate, but I did find a patch of them last year, so I am going to have to go check to see if they are coming up yet. I just love these little flowers, and this is a truly beautiful photograph.

Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

Have a great day!

lisa.

RURAL said...

Would it make you feel any better if I told you that in my old life, they bloomed at the end of January.

And here in my new life, well maybe May? If we have a early spring...LOL.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Gillian Olson said...

Beautiful picture, ours are out here too but got covered in snow this morning.

Pat said...

This is such a beautiful shot!