skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Birds in Flight
I've been spending a lot of time out scouting sites for interesting bird photography. I'm starting to find a few places where I can reliably have opportunities to catch some behavior shots. Stony Book Harbor is great for egrets. I wish I could sit down long enough to edit and post an entire series of these. Recently (on a VERY windy day), I took about 200 shots there. This is probably my favorite.
I've also found an osprey perch near one of the beaches. I can sit in my car in the parking lot and watch these magnificent birds. So far, I've been out there a couple of times and taken countless pictures. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of problems with decent light. But, I'll keep going back. They are absolutely fascinating.
6 comments:
Very gorgeous photos. Seems like it would be hard to get shots like this, so thanks for making the effort and posting. Something to aim for, a bird in flight!
Both images are outstanding!
I took a few of a hawk at a Nature Preserve, i think...I am not an expert on birds. Will post later.
Marie
These are incredible. The first literally made me gasp.
Hey Kat,
It's so nice to have a little time to be here catching up on your beautiful photography! I love the quilts too! You are so creative and so talented! Glad you're going to play along on the mini blogathon. I look forward to your entries this week. Hugs! Martha :-)
Besides being amazing photos...you're freaking me out a little. I've been on a crazy rampage of taking shots of birds in flight. I was going to do a montage of sorts.
Once again, you put me to shame.
: (
I just love your work, Kat.
Hugs,
Nance
These shots are beautiful. I like the shots os the Osprey really well. Helen
Post a Comment