Saturday, December 3, 2011

Photo Art Friday 01






Photo Art Friday



I've stumbled onto another weekly photo meme that I think will be fun...Photo Art Friday.   Over the last few months, I've been doing more and more with iphone photography/art.  It's a great creativity booster and a wonderful outlet when I can't get out and shoot new images.  Photo Art Friday is the perfect excuse to get some of it posted.

I've been playing a lot with silhouetted birds in flight in the last week. I finally realized that the way to get close enough for these shots (with an iphone) is to look for folks at the park feeding the ducks. Here are the first three of what I hope will become a nice little series.

bird_triptic_1

Click one of the links above if you'd like to visit the work of other photo artists!

14 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

I like the start of this series. Your post processing of the pictures is gorgeous, I really like what you have done here. It gives the photo some kind of mystic, a very certain mood - hard to express in words.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

Unknown said...

These are wonderful photos!
And so is the processing.
Very vintage.

Pat said...

Lovely work!

Nadege, said...

I like what you have done here with the processing of these wonderful images.... Gothic impression.

Stewart M said...

Hi there - you have posted some really good images here - I look forward to seeing more of them.

You may also find my "other blog" of interest if you have time to visit.

Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

Jeanne said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful start to a series.

Deborah said...

lovely . . . I think I need an iPhone!

Lynne with an e said...

Judging from these first 3 pictures, this is going to be a fabulous series!

kareninkenai said...

very much enjoy the trilogy; imagine the series will be exceptional. lovely texture processing. thank you so much for posting. (visiting from PAF)

Merike said...

Great! So mysterious and powerful work of art.

Merike :)

Birgitta said...

Wonderful photos and work!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Love what you have achieved with the first three! Please keep sharing them with Photo Art Friday!

Cindy said...

kat, I really love these! must be such fun creating them. xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me pin your work to my Pinterest account!
Deborah Crecelius in board called Art.