Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blogger Community Photo Challenge - SPRING!

The current Blogger Community Photo Challenge...SPRING!

The season is very late arriving on Long Island this year.  We have a few flowers finally coming up, but they're being challenged by the lingering cool temperatures.  I think we still have another week or so to wait for full spring color.

During the winter, the goldfinches moult their brilliant plumage.  But just this week, I've noticed a few flashes of  bright yellow at my feeders.  Spring must be here.

goldfinch1

Be sure to visit the other photographers who are participating in the challenge.  The links are here.





3 comments:

gina said...

ohhh, i love this!! beautiful!!

Jeanie said...

This is a beautiful photo!
Your bird would disappear in my garden as most of my spring flowers are yellow. I must rectify that for next year.
You have made me want to try this myself with the birds from my birdtable.
Thanks for calling by my Blog.
Jeanie x

MariesImages said...

NIce capture, Kat...perfect for Spring!