Saturday, April 2, 2011

April 2

Over the winter, I've been trying to learn a little about stylizing images with textures in photoshop. It's a fairly simple process with endless possibilities. There are thousands of free textures to download all over the web and countless ways to stack and manipulate them on a given image. I'm not sure how I feel about the process. In way, it seems a bit like a gimmick. Everywhere, people are applying an effect to an image (snapshot) and presenting it as "art". But on the other hand, it is fun. I decided to post this (and perhaps a few more) but they are what they are.

It seems that a lot of images that I see manipulated this way have an ethereal feel. My style is evolving a bit differently.



rooters2

3 comments:

Little Seaside Shop said...

This is gorgeous! Do you know I still don't have photoshop or any photo editing programs other than Picasa. I really need to get with the times! So good to see another post here!

Just a suggestion but you might want to add the email subscription gadget here. Let me know if you do, I'll be your first email suBscriber so I don't miss anything!

Nancy said...

Love how you're trying new things...and are so amazingly good at everything you do!
Haven't forgotten about our "plan"...let's try some more dates ok?
Love and miss you!

Monica said...

I'm glad to hear someone else (you) say that seems a bit like a gimmick. I think that is why I've avoided such actions in the past. However, with everyone doing it, I now have customers asking me to do it too. So, I've been playing around and I'm never happy with my results!

I do however like what you did here and it works for the photo. You actually motivate me to keep trying with this photo. =)