Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quilt Collage Project

I'm really enjoying my mixed media collage class and I'm pleased with my latest project. The lesson involved tracing a line drawing from paper to fabric then handpainting it for an original applique.

Here's my starting image....



which I converted to a line drawing on paper with photoshop...



And, here's the finished piece!


7 comments:

Cindy said...

That's very cute! Loving the bright colors. And the flower patterns. Now I'm wondering why you don't have one of those cars...?

cw2smom said...

Oh Kat! It's wonderful! My FlyBoy would love it as he's a BIG VW fan! In fact, his only tattoo is the VW symbol! He's 32 now and still has his VW from his HS days! What was your inspiration for doing the VW, besides the photo, I mean? Would love to hear the story! Love, Lisa

Denise Aumick said...

This looks great! Filled with spirit and energy - just like this car. Wonderful!

Martha said...

Wow, this is so cool Kat!! :-)

Martha said...

I gave you a little award on my blog - you'll have to come visit to see (don't just visit when you think I've broken something, LOL!)

Monica said...

That is really beautiful! I love your creative energy/abilities. I still think you need to get a store front online/in town and sell your work! Oh and let me know if you do, cuz I want to buy one!!

Monica

MariesImages said...

You are so talented!
I love see what you will create....always very colorful!
Marie