This week, I'm participating in World Bird Wednesday

I've had two beautiful mornings perfect for photographing egrets. I was at the harbor early, the tide was out, the egrets were fishing and the light was PERFECT! I find egrets to be one of the most challenging birds to photograph because they usually keep their distance and, being bright white, they're often overexposed. The morning light was working in my favor this time.





I've had two beautiful mornings perfect for photographing egrets. I was at the harbor early, the tide was out, the egrets were fishing and the light was PERFECT! I find egrets to be one of the most challenging birds to photograph because they usually keep their distance and, being bright white, they're often overexposed. The morning light was working in my favor this time.




17 comments:
The third one is excellent!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
Great selection of this lovely bird.
I agree with Gary, that third one is superb.
Great series - especially the third photo but I also like all the fluffy plumes on the second one as well.
Fantastic pictures! Absolutely beautiful.
So glad I found your blog.
BTW I live in SW New York state about 25 miles SE of Erie, Pennsylvania. In SNOW country!
Have a happy week.
B.
Wow! That third photo is spectacular! Lovely series.
these are just wonderful. i am always chasing egrets, they are extremely difficult to photograph.
the feather detail and water splash in that 3rd one is stunning!!!
Beautiful images of a wonderful bird to see...many thanks for sharing
oooohhhh and thanks for visiting and the super kind comment!!!
Wonderful images of the Egrets. Well done! I hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog.
Great images here! The splash shot is wonderful. Lucky your a morning person and so get two golden hours every day! Thanks for sharing your egrets!
Dang...they ALL are excellent!
great shots! And I really like that shot of the "fluffy" bird. :) Cool!
Thank you for visiting both of my birdblogs. :)
Hi there - really like the "splash" image.
Egrets can be a real pain to photograph - these are really good pictures.
Cheers - Stewart M - Australia
PS: if you have time you may enjoy my "other blog" - linked from my photo blog, or from my profile - hope you can find time to drop in!
I love them all, amazing birds, amazing shots.
And oh the water....sigh. Beautifully captured.
Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams
Absolutely astonishing!!! I LOVE the photo of the egret splashes into the water! Wow...!
It's just breathtaking photos, especially the first and the third ones!!! I totally agree with you in terms of overexposure of plain-white objects. I can hear the noise they were making from your photos!
Oh what have I been missing?! These are incredible. Love all of them.
Post a Comment