Thursday, February 3, 2011

Swap Out the Winter Blahs..

Indie doesn't have the blahs. Like me, he LOVES snow!

This in not from this week's storm...it was mostly a non-event on Long Island. Rain, sleet and ICE is what we got....BLAH! This was last week's weather, where we got close to 18" of that beautiful white stuff!

Indiesn1

Alphawoman (Mary) at Just a Hippie Gypsy posted an interesting idea yesterday and I decided to play.

I will send a handmade piece of art to Mary PLUS the first five people who comment on this post AND promise to make the same offer on their blog. I'm not sure what it will be yet but it will somehow incorporate one of my photographs. I enjoy making pretty things and sharing the art makes it that much more fun. Since it's handmade work, it won't come right away but I'll do my best to get things sent out by May 1. So, if you'd like to get a little gift in the mail from me, here's what you need to do.

Leave a comment saying you want to join in with your email. I'll contact you by private message for your snail mail address.

Make a similar offer on your blog.

Send out your art to the your blog friends!

C'mon....it will be fun!

5 comments:

Yoshi said...

That project sounds intriguing! I will post something tomorrow and promise to do the same as you do! I am not sure what to send out but will come up with something related to Japan.
Now you appear to be so excited at this project, just like Indie:)
Have a wonderful day.
Yoshi

alphawoman said...

I wanna swap with you Kat! lol!

Martha said...

Darn, if I could do anything crafty or artsy I'd join but I just don't go there. Have fun with it and be sure to show us what you make in a post :-)

becky said...

Hi Kat,
I found your blog over in Japan :) I loved the title, so I clicked on over. Looks like Glacier Ntl Park in the header photo. Ah, you've got some beautiful photography here... I have never seen snow at the beach... except in photos. Must be very cool to see on person. I've thought about having a "bloggy giveaway," but haven't quite gotten there yet.
:)

Martha said...

I think you are a bit overdue for an update! I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit, I miss you!!