Monday, June 14, 2010

Blogger Community Photo Challenge

colorbanner




"This month's subject is color...but NOT just color. We want to see you create something special color-wise. Something your camera did not see. Something you saw in the photo and created in post processing."


I played around with a photo I took in a studio setting. What I'm learning about working in a studio, is how to manipulate light and shadow. Before I worked with the color in this image, I altered it with the posterizing filter. What I was interested by was how this accentuated the shadow.

Original...

teacups1


Manipulated color image...

teacups1red

Please be sure to visit all the other participants in this challenge. They can be found here.

5 comments:

Maria said...

It's amazing what can be done in the digital world. This looks so surreal. Nice entry.

MariesImages said...

YOU MADE IT!!! Yes!! LOL, glad you joined in! Love both images!! Wonderful results.!!

Vicki said...

Kat, you did a great job on the original. I need to learn how to use lights (someday when I have some spare time, LOL). Your conversion really turned it into a wonderfully colored image. Super!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well done! It is amazing the things that can be achieved in some of these photo programs! :)

J9 said...

nicely done, and an excellent argument for setting up a studio!