Sunday, February 8, 2009

Close-Up

On Friday, I took my first photo outing to the Planting Fields Arboretum in Oyster Bay, NY. As it's the dead of winter here, my exploration was limited to the two conservatory buildings on the property. The timing was perfect for the current Blogger Community Photo Challenge....Close-Up.

The bulk of the exhibit included orchids and begonias. I have TONS of flower photos but I find these so cool, I decided to show them as part of the challenge.

pfaclem1

This is a remnant of a spent clematis bloom. I was fascinated by the perfect twist of these plumes...especially when you consider it originally looked something like this...

2

It's discoveries like these that led me to fall in love with close-up photography. I hope you'll visit the other participants (listed in the comment section at the photo challenge link above) and see what they've discovered.

10 comments:

MariesImages said...

All very interesting images. You were always good at finding small detailed "unknowns"...Ü You have a great eye, Kat!
Marie

Nancy said...

just fabulous my friend. I just love what you captured. And you must go back to that place in the spring!

Love you,
Nance

Eaglesbrother said...

Very interesting photograph...almost looks like the legs of a spider...wonderful !!!

Bob

Jon said...

These photos are fascinating, Kat! I've never had any luck with close-up photography. Come to think of it - I haven't had much luck with faraway photography, either (big smile inserted here).....Jon

Amelia said...

Wow.. things look so different when magnified.

*M*

Monica said...

So beautiful! I feel as if I can just reach out and touch them. As always you captured this perfectly.

Monica

Elisabeth said...

Fabuous shot...love it. Feel like I need to hold my breath...breathe and those delicate remnants could be blown away.

Carol Patterson said...

Very Nice! Those are some interesting seed pods.

Nice Shot-Carol

Rose said...

Those are fabulous. Love both of them.

Insulation Contractors Ogden said...

Great read, thank you.