(What is she talking about???)
I was walking down the path just past sun up and I saw two birds (one light, one dark) in a mid air confrontation. At first, I thought the light one was a gull but the flight didn't seem right and he was a little too plump. I looked through my lens and sure enough, it was a snowy owl. I learned later that the other bird was peregrine falcon (they happen to hate snowy owls). Apparently, he didn't think that beach was big enough for the two of them.
Well, I tried to get a few images in the brief opportunity I had. As I mentioned, I wasn't properly set up. On my previous trip, the owl was just sitting on a dune like a model so I was set for dim light and no motion. Most of my images are pretty blurry. But I got ONE....and I'm so happy with it, the rest doesn't really seem to matter. How about it?!?!
7 comments:
That's incredible! A wonderful shot.
pretty fantastic!! i love it!
wow, amazing!
xoxo
Gorgeous! Lucky you to see such a beautiful sight! Blessings, Lisa
just three words:
OH
MY
GOD
xoxo
Yes, it is funny how one photo can make it all worth while no matter how many shots you feel you have missed...great shot of this owl and the previous entry too. ..Gorgeous in fact! Maria
wowza, I love both of your snowy owl shots, they are incredible and you surely have bragging rights! :)
Post a Comment