Wednesday, March 21, 2007

March Journal Quilt


I just finished this journal quilt for the Cloth, Paper Studio Journal Quilt Group. The theme for March was Myth or Legend...and I chose to depict Mother Nature. We were supposed to focus on applique, and I chose to do raw edge machine applique. I kind of like the rough look.


I'm not real confident about doing people. But I really like the way she is poised. I think she appears to have a little bit of attitude....as well she should!


The background and her dress are silk fusion.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous! Love the colors in this pieceand those flowers are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Love her attitude, the colors and use of silk fusion! The edging was a good choice, too.
Diane (silk fusion)

Anonymous said...

Kat, It's beautiful!!

Judy said...

Really nicely done!
I want to know more about your piece...what is the edging made of? And what about those flowers, leaves and stems? Are they silk or cotton. What a wonderful piece!!

xo
Judy

sunflowerkat said...

Judy -

The flowers and stems are a motif cut out of a cotton fat quarter I had picked up. I got lucky in finding something cool that was easy to cut, fuse and applique.

:)

The edging is a fun nubby yarn I had in my stash. I can't imagine knitting with it.

Kat

flowercrafter said...

Beautiful & fun piece! I'm new to stitching silk fusion. How do you get such tight loops? I have a regular sewing maching and I was having a hard time making large loops.
Lisa

Nancy said...

When the heck did you start THIS journal????

Geez...where have I been???

Which one should I stick with?

xo,
Nancy